Saturday, April 16, 2011

Stepping Back... Vaughn Ingerson








After our intial contact, my great aunt, ML, sent me this photo of my grandfather, Vaughn.  It's terribly faded now because I had it up on the refrigerator for years before realizing that was probably a bad way to store the only photo I have of my grandfather...

Now  I have this tucked away in a box with some other photos and I use a scanned image to share with people that are interested.  Because I didn't know him, the only thing I really know about my Grandfather is information I heard from other people.


More recently, within the last 6 months, ML sent me more photos.  So, I know Vaughn was in Europe during WWII, at least at the end of the War I was told he was part of the Berlin airlift.  It appears he was part of a Military Police Unit.

In the years since I first corresponded with ML, I also learned that I have a half uncle, Wolfgang who is from Germany.   I have his email now, and he occassionally emails from his worldly travels, but I haven't had the opportunity to meet him yet.  Perhaps some day...


No comments:

Post a Comment